Applicants are selected based on academic potential, personal character and financial need. There are no age restrictions. The BlueJireh Foundation does not discriminate based on race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status or physical or mental disability.
- Applicants must have earned a high school diploma with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0. Alternatively, applicants may have successfully completed the General Education Development (GED) tests to obtain a high school equivalency certificate.
- Applicant must apply for federal financial aid (FAFSA). Apply for FAFSA
Applicants can apply yearly; scholarship is year-to-year and based on satisfactory success, attendance and professionalism. Priority funding is given to tuition, books, supplies and lodging (in that order). Scholarship funds/monies received by the applicant must be spent and exhausted on authorized expenses within twelve (12) months of the applicant’s receipt of any scholarship funds.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I apply? Is there a deadline?
Can I apply if I'm homeschooled?
How do I apply for a scholarship?
What is a transcript?
What should my references write about me?
What should be included in a transcript?
How will I be notified if I am chosen as a scholarship recipient?
Are there exceptions for late applications or recommendations?
I did not win a scholarship the last time I applied. Should I apply again?
If I win a scholarship, how and when are the funds disbursed?
Take the First Step
To apply, complete the application at the button below and submit the following to [email protected].
- Unofficial high school and/or college transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from a guidance counselor, principal, teacher, employer, etc.
- Applicable certificates such as pilot, A&P, welding, etc
- 1 to 2 page essay on why you deserve a scholarship and why you wish to pursue a career in aviation